Oh utter feelings of dismay



Oh utter feelings of dismay*
How long do you plan to stay?

When you speak ,it sounds as if you are regurgitating in reverse
your words so fake
like a chocolate coin, in a purse

The chocolate went stale

You are like a parasite tree, from another region
Drinking my earths sap
Depriving our roots of life’s water

Spreading your foreign seeds

Bringing forth foreign offspring
With foreign thoughts
Promoting and pursuing a gold rush

To mine mountains of fools gold

Oh why don’t you go back to your own region
and be a tree just there
amongst your own

Where millions and millions of others are

Maybe you are not wanted there
Maybe you were cast out
Unwanted seed off arrogance

Invading my father’s ground

Give me back my water
So that I my bloom
In the soil where I have been planted

Go back!
Go back!
O hateful thing

Oh God have mercy!
My heart
To sing!!!

* [In response to a colleague’s Facebook post, over the current situation]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brief aan 'n vriend

Here dankie vir my vrou!

Sondag Oggend.... Alweer